Friday, March 30, 2012

Let's Party!

The journey toward bringing Ana home continues!  And isn't everything more fun when you are doing it along side friends?

Jen, Rebekah, Lyssa and Tania
Tania's house turned art studio & nail salon!
Yesterday Ken, Mikhail, Ana and I were all VERY blessed by the ladies in our small group from Grace Covenant.  Tania, Lyssa and Rebekah hosted a Manicure and Art sale at Tania's home to raise money for our adoption of little Ana!  It was a BLAST, and I had a wonderful time meeting some new sweet friends and getting to talk about what God is doing to bring home our little girl.  We snacked, chatted, had our hands moisturized and nails painted, and browsed Tania's dining room full of my art from Spotted Puppy Studios on Etsy (spottedpuppy.etsy.com).  When all was said and done, not only were 11 pieces of art sold, but also these sweet women were beautifully generous in giving donations toward our adoption, too.  Just amazing...  Ken and I were overwhelmed by everyone's generosity, just humbled and overwhelmed!  So many offered to keep us in prayer throughout the rest of the process, and that means the world to me.  We know God will in return bless each person involved yesterday, including my three "Life Group Girls," for their thoughtfulness and willingness to invest in our lives and Ana's homecoming.  Thank you just doesn't seem like enough!  Big adventures like these are made a lot less scary when you know you are walking through it with friends.  So, so thankful for you all.  :)



A few things from my shop
"Spotted Puppy," Grace
"Spotted Puppy," Nick
Ken pointed out that I had not posted much about our Etsy store (Spotted Puppy Studios), and what God was doing there, so I thought I'd give you a bit of history on how it all started.  When Mikhail came home I was looking for ways to help him with some of the big hurts he had from so much loss and pain in his little heart.  I ended up drawing many, many pictures that either represented something of his birth and adoption story or that symbolized a truth of how God was healing him and protecting him.  Eventually I realized that this was not only helpful for Mikhail, but it was so, so healthy for my soul, too!  Ken began calling the cart where I keep my art supplies my "therapy cart" because it was such a great way for me to unwind and feel peaceful. :)  When we began Ana's adoption process, the idea came to us that since I would probably be doing some type of art anyway, maybe we could use it to raise money for adoption expenses.  So, Spotted Puppy Studios (bet you can guess the two little inspirations for that name...) was born in February!  Ken and I are now officially business partners, and while he does all the hard work, I get to sit around and draw. :)  I make watercolor & pencil drawing for children's rooms and nurseries, and our shop can be found on the Etsy website, which is like an online craft show for all things handmade.  Some of you who are reading this blog are probably some of the first clients for Spotted Puppy Studios, so let me take the opportunity once again to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!  All of you at the "Dell Division" of Spotted Puppy- THANK YOU!!! :)  This has been a very fun part of what God is doing in Ana's adoption process- something I never, ever would have dreamed He would do!  It's just like Him to use something you think is for your child to really reveal things about yourself...I think this little shop is teaching me things about confidence that I will be able to pass on to my sweet Ana.  Yep, just like Him...



1 comment: